Sunday, August 25, 2013

TRUCK!!!!!!! And other things...

ATTENTION, WORLD: I now have my very own trucky truck!

It took driving all over the island and visiting a couple sketchy places/people before I could find my beautiful yellow submarine, but I finally found it. He is my Walker Texas Ranger, Jr. (or Junior for short), a 2001 Ford Ranger with a pretty legit sound system. I'm so blessed to finally have transportation- it was a bit of a challenge always asking for rides from people.

Repping the USC colors. Isn't he pretty???

Now I also have a way to start scoping out potential new housing locations. My potential roommate fell through but I have a couple other possibilities so please pray God would make my whole housing situation fall into place and that He would provide an awesome home for us to open up to students, etc. 

Spent most of this week preparing for this upcoming week- the first week of classes, and our first week of CRU events. Every day we will be on campus tabling, and every night we will have an event to meet students. Please be praying for God's hand to be in everything- there are still so many details to be worked out! 

I also went surfing a few times, and ate hula pie, a coco puff, and a guava for the first time. Starting tomorrow- no more sweets. Everything is just so good here!!!

Duke's OceanFest 2013

Hula Pie. OMG. 

I am so excited for everything God has in store for this week, but also a bit nervous. We are praying for a freshman class of 80 students, and that God would grow our movement to 300!!! Please pray with us!




No comments:

Post a Comment