Monday, September 16, 2013

Kaori.

So if you've been keeping up with my blog for awhile, or just my life, you might remember my friend Kaori. We met "randomly" at Waseda back in 2011 when we were both checking out the dance group Tokyo Hanabi, one of the yosakoi circles. Neither of us actually ended up joining the group (I joined Odori Samurai and Kaori went on to do ballet) but we remained friends and met up frequently over the next two years when I was in and out of Tokyo.

Last year she studied abroad at Columbia University (because she's crazy smart) and spent Thanksgiving with me and my family, where she came to church for the first time and we spent 3 hours talking about the Bible, God and Christianity. While she was not ready to become a Christian, she understood what I was saying.

Last week I received a Facebook message from Kaori- "Kimiyo! I am coming to Hawaii!" "WHEN???!?!" I replied. "In two days!!!"

SO crazy. She arrived Monday, and I invited her to our Cru weekly meeting on Tuesday. She came and after I gave the message on God's community, she said to me "That was wonderful! I am so proud of you!" Later in the evening during worship, our director Jamie challenged us to turn to the people around us and pray for one another for a couple minutes. Kaori turned to me and said "Kimiyo, I want to pray for you, but I do not know how." I then explained to her that prayer is really just talking to God, it doesn't have to be formal and you can do it anywhere and He hears you. I prayed for her to show her, and then she prayed for me. I want to share with you her prayer:

"Hello God, this is my very first time praying, and I want to pray for my very best friend Kimiyo."

I almost melted. It was such a wonderful, wonderful moment that words just can't fully express.

Please continue to pray for Kaori, that the Lord would reveal Himself in a real and powerful way in her life so that she has no choice but to believe.

Japan reunion! Such a wonderful surpise! 

Sunset from Spitting Cave, my favorite place on Oahu and where we took Kaori after a day at the beach on Saturday 


No comments:

Post a Comment