Friday, September 24, 2010

THE RETURN OF THE C.O.E.s!!!!

SO LAST NIGHT
i was in a kind of annoyed/grumpy mood about our still MIA Certificates of Eligibility. i was killing time on Facebook when i saw Cam, the International Campus Staff Director in Tokyo and our main contact, online. i thought about not saying anything but i was annoyed and grumpy so i said "any news yet?" of course, my brain was saying "RAWWRRR CAM WHERE ARE OUR CERTIFICATES???!" thankfully in online conversations one can sound more civil than one wants to be. he said not yet, and i asked if there was any way to check on them. he said he would call the JCCC office and see if maybe they'd come in but nobody had checked. apparently this was a good thing, because they had, in fact, arrived that day in the mail. this morning we had an email from Cam saying our Certificates of Eligibility were in his hand- here's an exerpt from his email:

"I was on Facebook and Kimi caught me and asked if there was any word on the CoEs. "Sorry, not yet. Keep praying, though. I'll call the office a little later to see if they came in the afternoon drop off." At the time when I was IMing with Kimi, they weren't in. But I called again at 5pm (office closing time), and Akita-san checked the mail that had come in, and there they were! All 3 had come in in the late afternoon, but Tanase-san left the office early, so it wouldn't have been discovered till Monday."

guess it was a good thing i decided to bug Cam about it. apparently God uses even our annoyed/grumpy times for His glory.

SO, NEW PLAN OF ACTION:

i should receive my Certificate of Eligibility in the mail by monday- i will then go to Houston to the Consulate and beg them to give me my visa ASAP. if all goes well, i could be on a plane for Tokyo on Thursday.

thank you so much for all your prayers- please continue to pray everything falls into place quickly and that i'm able to be on my way this Thursday September 30th!

No comments:

Post a Comment