Monday, September 27, 2010

Still Waiting...

WHEN WE LAST LEFT OUR HERO....me, that is

i was waiting for my Certificate of Eligibility to be sent from Japan. well, unfortunately, it's about 12:15 am on Tuesday morning, and i'm still waiting. about 12 hours after we got the exciting email that the JCCC had our CoEs, got another message from Cam saying he didn't have my address- considering we had sent them to our coordinator in the US twice, i had assumed she'd sent them on to Cam. apparently that never happened, so he didn't have my address to send it Saturday. he tried to send them Sunday, but i don't think any mail in the world sends things on Sundays, so he had to wait til Monday to send our CoEs- thus, the earliest they will arrive is tomorrow/Tuesday.

last night while talking to a friend and explaining the situation (this is when we were still expecting our CoEs to come today/Monday) and trying to plan out the possibilities of getting to Houston and back with my visa by Thursday, i realized, for the first time in my life, that i had absolutely no plans. my brain could physically think of no solid ways of making it all come together. it was one of those moments that makes you stop everything you're doing and your eyes get big and you realize that this is exactly what God wants you to feel and you say "wow....well played, God." so i gave up. i stopped trying to make plans and said "ok God, there's nothing more i can do- You've got to make it happen." then this morning i called a friend i knew who lives in Houston and basically made all these plans in case my CoE came today and i went to Houston Tuesday. as soon as i got off the phone, i checked my email- and there was an email waiting for me from Cam our Japan director saying the CoEs wouldn't get to us until Tuesday. i just looked up to God (why do we always look up? God's everywhere...) and said "OK OK I GET IT I'M SORRY!" i'm really trying not to make plans- it's just hard when that's what my brain naturally does every moment of every day. but at least God's preparing me now for what lies ahead in Japan. of course, this makes me a bit nervous as to WHAT exactly is lying ahead of me in Japan...

anyway, the "plan" for now is still the same, just with more urgency- hopefully i'll get my CoE tomorrow, i can drive to Houston early Wednesday morning, pray like crazy that the Consulate gives me my visa by the end of the day, and be on a plane Thursday for Japan. i don't know what will happen- i don't know when my flight is, i don't even know if i have a flight scheduled yet, but i'm trying not to focus on any of that- just reminding myself that its God's timing, that God's ways and thoughts are higher than mine, and i need to continue to trust him.

No comments:

Post a Comment