Wednesday, November 30, 2011

CODE RED EMERGENCY PRAYER

The Japanese government still has given us no information about the status of my team's Certificates of Eligibility. Unfortunately in Japan, the squeaky wheel does NOT get the grease- if you pester them about something, they will most likely decide not to deal with you at all. So not only do we not have any information, but we are unable to do much about it. Also, right now the Japanese government is not too happy with Japan Campus Crusade for Christ- after the Korea CCC team's paperwork was denied, they came to Japan on tourist visas, but they were stopped at Immigration and interrogated as to why they still came to Japan after their paperwork was denied. It is not a good situation.

Unfortunately, that is not the worst of it. I just received an email from our director in America, saying that if my team's paperwork is not accounted for by NEXT TUESDAY, December 6th, they will be sending my team to a different location! This also means that I too would probably be sent to whichever country they send my team. This would break my heart- there is no place I would rather be in the world than Japan and working with the amazing students I have grown to know and love. Even though this year has been really difficult without a team, it has also been incredibly rewarding and God is doing amazing things in this country. I submit to His authority and will go wherever He sends me, but my heart will always be in Japan.

PLEASE PRAY FERVENTLY THAT MY TEAM'S PAPERWORK WOULD ARRIVE BY NEXT TUESDAY AND THAT THEY WOULD BE ABLE TO COME TO JAPAN!!!!!

I will keep you all as updated as I can about the situation.

I cannot thank you enough for all of your love, prayers and support, and for joining me on this crazy adventure of STINT. i'm learning every day that I cannot plan anything, and that nothing is certain, but in spite of it all, God is sovereign and His plans are perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kimiyo,

    That sound super frustrating. I really hope everything works out for the best in the end!

    You got my support.

    Sincerely,
    Max Berger

    ReplyDelete